SNAPSHOT OF THE CONFINED SPACE COURSE
1 DAY 7.30am – 4.30pm
Course Cost $160 per person (no gst)
Tea, coffee, fridge and microwave facilities on site (bring your own smoko and lunch)
Rylow Group provides training on behalf of
Enter and Work in Confined Space
RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined spaces
This is course will give you the skills to review a risk assessment, enter a confined space in accordance with an issued permit to conduct work, and act as a standby person.
This course allows you to enter the confined space and conduct work. This training is required for anyone who may be required to act as a standby or are required to operate gas detectors. This nationally accredited training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces.
The course can be tailored to suit the practical scenarios relevant to your company’s confined space operations. While there is a standard set of learning outcomes for the course, we understand that the context environment in which the learning is applied is varied.
It is designed to teach participants how to;
- Identify confined space hazards
- Work safely within confined spaces according to an issued permit
- Operate various confined space safety equipment
The description of a confined space by Australian Workplace Health and Safety is a space that;
- Is at atmospheric pressure when anyone is in the space
- Is not intended or designed primarily as a workplace
- Could have restricted entry to, or exit from the place
- Is, or is likely to be entered by a person to work
and, at any time contains, or is likely to contain any of the following;
- an atmosphere that has potentially harmful levels of a contaminant
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level
- anything that could cause engulfment
Some examples of confined spaces include, but are not limited to;
- Storage tanks
- Tank cars
- Process vessels
- Pressure vessels
- Tank like compartments
- Sewer pump stations including wet and dry wells
- Shipboard spaces entered through small hatchways or access points
- Cargo tanks
- Cellular double bottom tanks
- Duct keels
- Ballast or oil tanks
- Void spaces
- $160 per person for public bookings.
- We can beat any other price!
- For group or corporate bookings please contact us for a free quote – 0438 754 559.
- Tea and coffee provided
- Payment prior to course commencement – see terms and conditions in student handbook.
- Valid photo ID
- Have a good understanding of the English language
- Wear long trousers, long-sleeve shirt and enclosed footwear (as a minimum)
- USI – Unique Student Identifier
Duration of Course
- Course duration is 1 day.
Full payment for courses up to $1,500 must be made before the commencement of the course unless the Payment Plan option is selected. For courses that cost over $1,500, Rylow Group will hold an initial deposit of $1,500. The balance of fees payable will be charged at a point in the course that is proportionate to the amount of the deposit paid, e.g. a 10-day course costing $3,000, the remaining $1,500 will be charged at the end of day 5 (upon completion of 50% of the course).
If a Payment Plan option is available for this course, please visit the Payment Plans Page for more information.
Payment for this course can be made via SecurePay (for online bookings), cash, cheque, Bank Transfer or the Payment Plan option above. For billing information including who to write a cheque to, please email email@example.com or call 0438 754 559.
Please refer to our refund policy
- Participants who are deemed competent will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment issued by
- Prior to the course commencement the training location will be discussed and outlined in the enrolment information.
- Our main training facility and classrooms are located at Rockhampton
- Civil training may be conducted at the civil site and will be discussed prior to commencement.
- Rail training courses are located at Rockhampton
- Face to Face Delivery
For those who prefer the personal experience we provide face-to-face delivery options. Facilitated by experienced professionals, these sessions are interactive, interesting, stimulating and exceptional value for money.
- Please refer to our student handbook for our policies and more information.